(1) His Excellency, the Governor of Anambra state, Chief Willie Obiano has directed that civil and public servants in the state, including primary and secondary school teachers resume work on Monday, 4th of May, 2020.
Pupils and students should still remain at home and follow Anambra Teaching On Air through ABS radio, ABS TV and ABS online platforms.
(2) All workers in the state, and indeed all residents should procure protective face masks as this is now compulsory in Anambra State. Workers and visitors will not be allowed access into the state secretariat and other government offices if they are not wearing face masks.
(3) All should always observe strict personal hygiene protocols such as washing of hands regularly for 20 seconds each time, use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, maintenance of physical distancing guidelines of 6 feet between people, avoidance of hugs, kisses and hand shakes as stipulated by the World Health Organizations (WHO) and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
(4) These protocols must be followed at public gatherings which should not exceed 30 persons.
(5) Places of worship should follow these strict personal hygiene protocols before and during worship, including compulsory wearing of face masks.
The places of worship should not sit more than 2 persons in a pier. The pier behind should be left vacant before sitting of congregants in another pier.
Religious services should not last long.
Vigils and other forms of religious night worship are not allowed this time.
Congregants should disperse immediately, and not wait around after religious service.
(6) Market places, restaurants, bars, bus stops and all other such public places must also observe the strict personal hygiene protocols.
(7) Families are encouraged to bury their loved ones as soon as death occurs. The burial should not involve more than 30 persons during which the guidelines on social distancing and wearing of face masks must be strictly observed.
(8) Ndi Igwe, Presidents General of Town Unions, Community Leaders and Law Enforcement Agencies are to ensure that the above guidelines are strictly complied with and enforced.
Professor Solo Chukwulobelu
Secretary to Anambra State Government
Thursday, 30th April, 2020