In a recent development, the Nigerian Army has officially announced the commencement of the 86 Regular Recruits Intake for both trades and non-tradesmen and women. This significant news was disseminated by the Army Headquarters through a News publication on Monday, underlining their commitment to recruiting top talents for national service.
For those aspiring to join the Nigerian Army’s 86 Regular Recruits Intake, here’s a comprehensive guide on how to navigate the application process step by step:
- Initiate Online Registration: Commence your application journey by visiting the dedicated recruitment portal at http://recruitment.army.mil.ng.
- Access Your Account: Log in to the portal using your unique username and password credentials.
- Complete the Application Form: Thoroughly fill out the application form online, ensuring that every required field is accurately and meticulously completed. Upon completing the form, submit it electronically and retain a printed copy for reference.
- Submit Guarantor’s Form: In addition to the application form, meticulously complete the Guarantor’s form as per the provided instructions.
- Submission at Designated Centers: Ensure that you deliver the signed copies of both the application and guarantor’s forms to the specified state recruitment centers as per the guidelines.
- Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet specific prerequisites, as follows:
- Nigerian citizenship by birth.
- Possession of a valid National Identity Card (NIN).
- No prior criminal convictions in any court of law.
- A minimum of four passes in relevant examinations (WASCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB).
- Conformity to the Nigerian Army’s stipulated medical, physical, and psychological fitness standards.
- Age Restrictions: Age limits have been set for various categories of candidates:
- Non-tradesmen and women: Ages between 18 and 22.
- Tradesmen and women: Age not to exceed 26 as of December 18, 2023. Tradesmen/women should also hold a Trade Test/City Guild Certificate.
- Height Criteria: Candidates must meet specific height requirements. Male applicants should be no less than 1.68 meters tall, while female candidates must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
- Essential Documentation: Candidates are mandated to possess a valid birth certificate/age declaration, which must be duly endorsed by the National Population Commission, a Hospital, or the Local Government Council. A valid state of origin document is also required.
- Special Consideration for Registered Nurses and Midwives: If you belong to these professions, the age limit extends to 30 years.
The online registration process opened on September 25 and will remain accessible until October 27, 2023. Subsequently, selected candidates will proceed to the state recruitment centers for the next phase, which is scheduled to occur from November 6th to November 19th, 2023.
The Nigerian Army is committed to maintaining a transparent and equitable recruitment process, open to all eligible candidates. As you embark on this journey to serve your nation, ensure strict adherence to the aforementioned steps and fulfill the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Seize this incredible opportunity to be a part of the esteemed Nigerian Army, and make a significant contribution to the nation’s defense and security. We extend our best wishes to all prospective recruits, with hopes that the most qualified candidates will emerge successfully in this noble pursuit.