[Abuja, Nigeria], The Nigerian Army has officially opened the recruitment process for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) 28/2024 courses, providing potential candidates with a detailed application guide. Aspiring officers are encouraged to follow the outlined steps to ensure a smooth application process.
Prospective applicants are required to visit the Nigerian Army’s official webpage at recruitment.army.mil.ng and select the DSSC option. The step-by-step application process includes:
- Qualification Criteria Review: Candidates will be redirected to a page where they can carefully go through the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
- Application Initiation: By clicking on the “Apply Now” button corresponding to their qualifications and Corps of choice, applicants can initiate the application process.
- Service History Confirmation: Applicants will be prompted to confirm whether they are currently serving or have previously served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. The appropriate option should be selected to proceed.
- Account Creation/Login: For those without an existing account, clicking on “Sign Up” will initiate the account creation process. A verification email will be sent, and applicants can then log in with their details.
- Form Completion and Document Upload: Candidates are required to fill out the application form and upload essential documents, including a passport photograph, educational certificates, proof of professional body membership, certificate of state of origin, birth certificate or age declaration, and NIN/BVN.
- Application Submission: Once the form is complete and all necessary documents are uploaded, applicants must submit the application online. A photo-slip will be generated upon completion.
Applicants are reminded to print out their online-generated photo-slip, with the first page to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law and the second page by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or a military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above, who hails from the applicant’s state of origin.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a written examination at designated examination centers. During the interview process, applicants must present their printed application forms, including the photo-slips and relevant forms, to the Selection Board.
Closing Date: All applications must be submitted online no later than 23 February 2024.
Further Inquiries: For any additional information or inquiries, interested candidates can contact the Nigerian Army via phone at 08179269294 or 08109959294. The helpline is available between 0800 – 1800 hours (8 am – 6 pm) daily. As the application window is limited, prospective candidates are encouraged to apply promptly and adhere to the specified deadlines.