1. The Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmad AbdurRahman, MCPSS, MCJ, MNIM, today Monday, 11th May, 2020 at the State Headquarters, Enugu, inaugurated the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Joint Technical Task Team (JTTT) on Emergency Response to COVID-19 Challenges of Movement of Food and Agricultural Inputs in Enugu State.
2. Speaking during the inauguration, the Commissioner, who doubles as Chairman, tasked the Team to be diligent, determined and dedicated in working towards the achievement of its Terms of Reference. He enjoined them to see the duty as a call to National Service, considering the urgent need for the swift distribution of food and agro-allied products across the Nation these trying times of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic.
3. The Team, saddled with the responsibility of ensuring the unhindered movement of food and agricultural inputs in and out of the State in this era of Governments’ restriction orders to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, is made up of the following members:
1. CP Ahmad AbdurRahman (Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command) – Chairman
2. Mr. Idoko Christian (State Director of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development) – Secretary
3. DCP Ahmed Garba (Deputy Commissioner incharge of Operations) – Delegate of the Commissioner of Police
4. Hon. Romanus A. Ezeh (Chairman, All-Farmers Association of Nigeria, AFAN, Enugu State) – Member
5. ACC. Okoro Daniel Samuel (Commander, NSCDC Agro-Rangers, Enugu Command) – Member
6. Mr. Asogwa Matthew (Chairman, NURTW, Enugu State) – Member
7. Mr. Pius Okafor (Chairman, Nigerian Association or Road Transport Owners, Enugu State) – Member
8. Mr. Rex Chinweuba Arum (Chairman, NUJ, Enugu State) – Member.
4. The Team is expected to commence work immediately.