Executive Governor Of Plateau State, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Simon Bako Lalong has introduced a mobile court to try violators of Government directives as the state battle possible spread of covid19.
The Governor made the announcement yesterday while addressing the state on the new measures taken by the state in addressing the pandemic.
Governor SIMON BAKO LALONG said the mobile court will address cases of sharp practices, human rights violations and compromise by some security personnel.
He added that his Government has set up a high-powered Independent Intelligence Monitoring Team, which will report directly to him.
Below is the full address:
ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF PLATEAU STATE, RT. HON. (DR) SIMON BAKO LALONG, KSGG, AT THE END OF ONE-WEEK TOTAL LOCKDOWN OVER COVID-19 PANDEMIC, HELD ON 15TH APRIL 2020. PROTOCOLS
- My dear Compatriots, it is with gratitude to God that I address you once again over the Corona Virus Pandemic, which remains a global emergency to date.
- You will recall that I addressed you on the 6th of April where I directed a total lockdown of the State
- We are a few hours from the dateline of the total lockdown and it is necessary that I again address you for the next steps in continuation of Government efforts in curbing the pandemic.
The mobile courts are to remain in place to try violators of Government directives. xii. To address cases of sharp practices, human rights violations and compromise by some security personnel, the Government has set up a high-powered Independent Intelligence Monitoring Team, which will report directly to me.
- Fellow citizens, these are difficult times for all of us and we must endure with resilience to come out strong. Our future is in our hands and how we abide by the advice of health experts and Government directives will determine our success.
- Therefore, citizens must not see the actions of Government as punitive, but precautionary. The government is losing so much because of these restrictions while it is having to channel meager resources to fighting this monster. Our best chance is prevention and we must all join hands together.
- Let me again thank all stakeholders for supporting the Government throughout this trying period. The Health personnel who have put their lives on the line also deserve special commendation.
- We are also grateful to the Management and staff of NESCO, Jos Electricity Distribution Company, Plateau State Water Board and Telecoms operators for doing their best to make life easier for our people.
- We are indebted to all Corporate Organisations, and well-spirited individuals, the Embassy of China and many others for their financial and material support.
- Government shall continue to monitor development and evaluate its strategies, which will inform further directives. We, therefore, count on your support and cooperation.
- Finally and on a sad note, our hearts go out to the Family of one of the staff of ASTC, Mr. Fwangan Charles Gugin who died in a road traffic accident in the cause of decontamination duty. May his soul rest in peace.
- God bless Plateau State, God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Thank you. Rt. Hon. (Dr). Simon Bako Lalong, KSGG Executive Governor, Plateau State & Chairman, Northern Governors Forum. 15th April 2020